Nope, not that kind of boy crazy.
I am the mother of boys. They drive me crazy; crazy with love, crazy with the hilarity that comes out of their mouths, crazy with how much they eat, how messy they are, the wrestling, the sticks, the pee, AH!.... all the boyness. BOYNESS!
I was noticing several things that we boy mamas have to deal with and thought it would be funny to record some of it. Although it makes this mama crazy, I can also sit back and laugh at it. Here goes.
You know you are a mother to boys when.......
1. Everything that could even slightly resemble a weapon becomes one: knitting needles, crochet hooks, chopsticks, sticks, pencils, clothes pins, mallets, drum sticks, and on and on and on. Do I even need to say that all these 'weapons' come with sound effects? Oh....and they usually don't get put back to their original spot unless it's by me, or ordered by me.
2. You could clean your toilet every single day and your bathroom will still smell like pee.
3. Wrestling is, like, a 5+ times a day activity, and often times ends with little one crying.
4. You have karate masters even if they may have never taken karate in their lives.
5. Finding sticks in your house and car despite the 'sticks stay outside' rule does not surprise you one bit.
6. You cannot keep enough food in the house to keep up with their appetites and they cannot seem to keep food off the floor while eating.
7. Bath time is often met with resistance, and smelling bad doesn't seem to bother them.
8. All the clothes you neatly put away in their room are suddenly all over the floor after they have dressed themselves. Likewise, dirty clothes can't seem to find their way to the hamper, no matter how many reminders you have given them.
9. Teasing is like a sport that they each like to dish out, accompanied by hilarious laughter while the other is crying and/or whining, but that when on the receiving end handle it with physical violence or a "mooooooooooooooooom!.....so and so is doing such and such"
10. You are tired of the sound of your own voice saying things such as "skateboards outside!"..."I asked you 3 times already to put the dishes away!"..."wash your hands"......"Now you can sweep up all those chips"..... "My knitting yarn is not supposed to be used for that!"...."That is not how you talk to your mother".....and on, and on, and on, and on....
I love these boys and wouldn't trade 'em for anything. AND they drive me bananas.